Today marks the 200th post here on Boomer & Echo after starting our blogging journey just 9 short months ago. I can still remember my mom and I putting together and comparing a collection of 300-400 word articles last summer about ourselves and our financial experiences, which would end up forming the beginning of the Boomer & Echo personal finance blog.
We have come a long way since then, and our blog has grown considerably since the 100th post edition of the Best of Boomer & Echo. We are continually amazed by the support we have received from our readers and from the personal finance blogging community. Thanks for reading, commenting and including us in your round-up’s.
Boomer & Echo – In The Media
Back in January I was interviewed by Dianne Nice for an article in the Globe and Mail called It’s time for the annual RRSP guilt trip.
In February, Dakshana Bascaramurty from the Globe and Mail came across my article on Extended Warranties and subsequently interviewed me for a great piece she wrote called Why would you need that extended warranty?
Earlier this week Rob Carrick, also from the Globe and Mail, highlighted How I Saved Over $300 On My Cable And Internet Bills in his popular Personal Finance Reader
2011′s Best of the Blogs
Boomer and I were really excited to hear that we were nominated in the Globe and Mail’s 2011 Best of the Blogs contest as one of the best personal finance blogs in Canada. The last time we checked the survey we were hanging on to 3rd place in the contest. Help keep us in the top 3 by placing your vote for Boomer & Echo.
Now here’s a look back at our most popular articles from posts 101 – 200:
Best of Boomer & Echo
Boomer’s top 10 posts
- Choose Your Retirement Date
- How Many Clothes Do You Need Anyway?
- Kids And Money
- Tax Filing With TurboTax Online
- Cleaning Your House The Eco-Friendly Way
- How To Create A Bond Or GIC Ladder
- 5 Common Mistakes Investors Make
- When You Need Cash From Your Investments
- Tax Refunds Are A Bad Thing
- 10 Ways For Women To Obtain Financial Empowerment
Echo’s top 10 posts:
- How I Saved Over $300 On My Cable And Internet Bills
- 20 Simple Steps To Improve Your Finances Next Year
- How To Invest Your Money: Part One – Psychology
- Benefits Of TFSA vs. Non-Registered Account
- Gifts That Keep On Taking
- Best Air Miles Rewards
- Things I Hate Spending Money On: Shaving
- Installing An Underground Sprinkler System
- Canadian Monthly Income Fund Comparison
- Social Media: The Next Bubble?
We hope you enjoy looking back at some of our top posts this year. Thanks for reading, and remember you can subscribe to new posts for free using your favorite RSS reader. And you can also follow us on Twitter, and like us on Facebook.