I just finished putting our 3-year old daughter down for a nap when I grabbed my laptop and sat down on the couch next to my wife, who is fast asleep after being up for over 48 hours. I started typing this post with one hand – my other hand is cradling our newborn baby girl like a football. The three girls in my life are all sound asleep after an exhausting few days.
I am thrilled to announce that our 2nd daughter was born on Wednesday morning at 6:02 AM. Both mom and baby are healthy and happy to be home. Our oldest daughter is pretty excited to be a big sister and to “help” mommy out with the baby.
Life just got interesting again at the Engen house
Since I spent so much time awake these past few days, I managed to find some worthwhile reading from around the blogosphere. Check out these great personal finance articles:
- CBC reports that Canadians pay more than Americans for Canadian-made vehicles
- Rob Carrick looks at the sad end of saving and investing
- Canadian Couch Potato explains how to create a homemade principal-protected note
- Michael James looks at building assets for the lower-earning spouse
- Big Cajun Man says money can fix (most) everything
- Money Smarts Blog asks home buyers- is 20% down payment always better?
- My Own Advisor creates a plan for a prolonger low interest rate environment
- Free From Broke asks should every student pursue a four year college education?
- Retire Happy Blog looks at investment decisions using behavioural finance
- Planting Money Seeds shares some adventures in stupidity: Will I get my Kindle back?
- Million Dollar Journey looks at the cost of ivy league schools
- My University Money shares what to look for when buying a tablet
- Canadian Finance Blog asks are you really reducing your debt?
- Rewards Cards Canada looks at mobile banking and a cashless future
- Financial Highway asks is saving that money worth the effort?
We were also included in the following blog carnivals this week:
Happy Father’s Day to all the dad’s out there. Have a great weekend, everyone!