There’s been so much going on this week that I barely know where to start. We found a place to rent for the summer until our new house is completed, and it looks like we’ll be able to save a bit of money in the process. Boomer will be coming down to visit for our daughter’s 2nd birthday party on Saturday, and then of course Mother’s Day is on Sunday, which will make for a busy and fun-filled weekend.
I wrote about The Pros and Cons of Investing in Canada over at the Mint.Com blog earlier this week. And on Tuesday I posted on Canadian Finance Blog about how to Balance your Savings and Investments While Raising a Family. Go on over and check out those articles.
Boomer and I were also very humbled and excited to learn that we were nominated in the Globe and Mail 2011 Best of the Blogs Contest as a top personal finance blog in Canada. A special thanks goes to Preet Banerjee, Globe and Mail personal finance writer and author last year’s best investing blog: Where Does All My Money Go for nominating us.
Please take a moment to visit the contest site at the Globe and Mail and vote for Boomer & Echo
Now let’s take a look at some other interesting articles from the personal finance world this week:
- Wealth Pilgrim explains Investment Losses – When To Call A Securities Attorney
- Soldier of Finance shows How to Properly Probe your Credit Report for Landmines
- Oblivious Investor asks Is a Single Target Retirement Fund Really OK?
- Million Dollar Journey shares Financial Strategies for the New Stay at Home Parent
- Money Smarts Blog discusses RESP Withdrawals From Family Plan Accounts
- Free From Broke explains How to Figure Out How Much Life Insurance You Need
- Money Under 30 shows How to Make Your Budget Stick
- Moolanomy has 8 Relocation Costs to Consider Before Moving
- Cash Money Life shares 15 Inexpensive Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- Couple Money is Changing Our Financial Strategies
- PT Money lists 7 Retirement Excuses You Can Overcome
- Frugal Dad discusses Home Exchange: A Frugal Quid Pro Quo
- Bible Money Matters asks Should you Lend to Family Members?
- My Own Advisor explains Why Become a DIY Investor?
- Dividend Ninja concludes his Can You Live Off Your Dividends series
We were also included in the following blog carnivals this week:
- Canadian Finance Blog hosted the Canadian Finance Carnival and included Three Dividend Stocks On My Watch List
- Money Beagle hosted the Totally Money Blog Carnival and included Some Great Things That I’ve Bought
- Budgeting In The Fun Stuff hosted the Best of Money Carnival and included We Got An Offer On Our House!
- Live Real Now hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance and included Assessing Your Estate Plan
- Value Stock Guide hosted the Carnival of Value Investing and included Three Dividend Stocks On My Watch List
Have a great weekend!