We braved a chilly night on Monday to take our daughter out trick-or-treating for Halloween. I was surprised by the number of kids out in our area considering we just moved to a brand new neighborhood. It was great to meet a few more of our neighbors and to see all the kids dressed up and having fun. In the end we only made it to about 15 houses but her bag of candy was stuffed to the max. It’s amazing the amount of candy people will give out to a cute two-year old.
Now let’s take a look at some interesting articles from the world of personal finance this week:
- Canadian Couch Potato reviews Andrew Hallam’s Millionaire Teacher book
- Retire Happy Blog lists 3 basic steps to a retirement plan
- My University Money looks at the Maclean’s 2011 University rankings
- PT Money explains why I like “spending plan” better than “budget”
- Money Smarts Blog asks if you could buy a gold-plated government pension, would you?
- The Blunt Bean Counter asks are you a Nevertiree through choice or necessity?
- Big Cajun Man looks at the benefits of getting gas at Costco
- Financial Uproar says that RRSP loans actually make sense
- Michael James shares the best kept secret about successful investing
- Change on a Budget lays out her monthly budget
Have a great weekend everyone!